Shhh, i’ve got a secret…
Do you like pie?
Do you try/want to eat clean?
Do you wish desserts could be low in fat.
Do you want a dessert to be so healthy that you could eat it for breakfast or as a post-workout snack, while still remaining delicious?!?!?!
Well…. here you go 🙂
Nutritious Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- 1 1/2 c rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/3 c cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 c unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of himalayan salt
- 2 T coconut flour or cornstarch
- 1/4 c unsweetened raw shredded coconut flakes (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Spray a pie tin with non-stick cooking spray & set aside.
- In a blender or food processor add all of your crust ingredients & blend until combined. (Depending on the quality of your blender, you may need to transfer batter to a bowl & knead with your hands to get it fully combined & mixed well).
- Using your hands, spread & flatten your crust batter into your pie tin. Once formed to the pan use a fork to stab the crust a few times so that bubbles do not form while baking. Set aside.
- In your clean blender or food processor add all of your filling ingredients. Blend until combined.
- Pour your filling on top of you crust & smooth with a spoon. Sprinkle with coconut flakes if desire.
- Bake for 30 minutes. After the 30 minutes are up cover the pie with aluminum foil & bake for another 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving. I topped mine with coconut yogurt and cacao nibs. Enjoy!
Who will you share your pie with?!