We are getting to February, which means Valentine’s Day! Whether you are single or in a relationship yummy, chocolatey, heart shaped treats are just the best!
And of course, here at The Kelly Diet, they are vegan & healthy too 😉
Indulge this February with this versatile recipe that can be eaten raw or baked. Using the same batter I made ‘Chocolate Strawberry Protein Cake’ AND ‘Chocolate Strawberry Protein Parfaits.’
So cheers! To health, sweet-tooths, & all the heart shaped goodies.
One batter, Chocolate Strawberry Protein Cake AND Parfait
- 1 box organic black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1/2 c rolled or old-fashioned oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 c plant-based Strawberry protein powder (I use 22 Days Nutrition)
- 1 ripe banana or 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup
- 1/4 c unsweetened plant-based milk
- 2 T cocoa powder
- pinch of pink himalyan salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Add the black beans to a food processor & process until combined.
- Next add in the oats, scrape the sides of the bowl, & process.
- Continue to add a few ingredients at a time (occasionally scraping the sides of the bowl & processing) to ensure that everything gets broken down & combined well, until no ingredients are left.
- Pour your dough into small tart tins & bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.Let cool & then top with coconut cream & berries, nut butter, or coconut yogurt mixed with maqui berry powder. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love seeing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!
And don’t forget that pets absolutely count as Valentines 🙂