Ah, I love this recipe. I have made it a few times. You can make this recipe with regular sweet potatoes or purple ones for different vitamins & a fun color!
This soup is easy to make, creamy, delicious & healthy. What makes it even more fun are toppings!
Try topping this soup with seasoned & roasted chickpeas & diced avocado…
OR homemade baked tortilla chips!
Slow-cooker, Creamy Sweet Potato Ginger Soup
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed & chopped (leaving the skin on)
- 1 red apple, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 c vegetable broth
- 1/2 T ground ginger
- 1 tsp pink himalayan salt
- Add all the ingredients to a slow-cooker.
- Mix & cook on high heat for 4 hours, or low for 8.
- When the sweet potato is soft, use an immersion blender or transfer in batches to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth & creamy.
- Top with desired toppings like homemade tortilla chips, roasted chickpeas or diced avocado. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love seeing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!
And some eskimo kisses for my sweet potato lover 🙂
One thought on “Slow-cooker, Creamy Sweet Potato Ginger Soup”
Yummy! Totally trying this! Thanks for sharing!