Don’t forget to follow my instagram, @thekellydiet, for more recipes not posted on the blog! Like this Power Bowl 🙂
Ah I love ginger and it’s so good for you too!
Here are just a few health benefits of ginger:
- Contains Gingerol, a Substance With Powerful Medicinal Properties
- Can help reduce muscle pain.
- May help prevent cancer.
- Shown to be a mood booster!
So enjoy the health benefits of ginger while eating these healthy & delicious cookies!
Ginger Breakfast Cookies
- 1 1/2 c quick oats
- 3 T coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 in ginger root or 1 T freshly grated ginger root* (if weaker blender or mixing)
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
*Ginger roots keeps for 6 months stored in an airtight container in the freezer. It is easiest to grate when frozen as well. I recommend cutting the root into thumb size chunks before freezing for easiest use.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T organic blackstrap molasses
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 c non-dairy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add all dry ingredients to a Vitamix or high speed blender & blend.
- Add the wet ingredients & blend until combined.
- Spoon an ice-cream scooper size amount of dough onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Add desired toppings. I used butterscotch baking chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool before eating. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
I hope everyone had a great long weekend!