Don’t forget to follow my Instagram, @thekellydiet, for more recipes not posted on the blog! Like this ‘Basil-lime Berry Bowl’!
Let’s talk about this Carrot-Ginger Bread!
I used half the batter to make 3 ‘single- serve tart shaped loaves‘ & the other half to make 3 ‘Protein Bites.’
This version, Version 1, is slightly healthier.
- I used non-dairy milk instead of coconut oil,
- 1/3 less honey,
- and chickpea flour & coconut flour instead of sprouted spelt flour.
I will post Version 2, next!
Both are wayyyy healthier than your average banana or zucchini bread filled with butter and sugar. Check out both recipes and see which one you want to make!
Carrot- Ginger Bread
- 1 T flax + 2 T water (for 1 thick flax eggs)
- 1/2 c pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 c unsweetened plant-based milk of choice
- 2 T local raw honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 c garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 c shredded or grated carrot
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spray 3 small cake tins or one loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray & set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the ground flax with water to prepare you flax egg & let set for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients to a medium size bowl & whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients, including the flax egg, into the dry & stir to combine.
- Fold in the carrots.
Option #1: Pour the entire batter into a loaf pan. Bake for about 45 minutes or until edges are crispy & a knife inserted comes out clean.
Option #2: Distribute half the batter among 3 small cake/tart tins. Roll the other half of the batter into 3-5 ‘bites’ & place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat. Bake the tarts for about 25 minutes & the bites for about 20 minutes.
Allow to cool before removing from tins or sheet. Keep stored in a container for up to 4 days. Enjoy!