Don’t forget to follow my Instagram, @thekellydiet, for more recipes not posted on the blog! Like this ‘Pink Berry Cauliflower Porridge!’
Now for some of the healthiest cupcakes you will find!
These cupcakes are made with a zucchini bread base & spread with an avocado frosting.
The only sugar in the base of the cupcakes is 1/3 c local honey. As for the frosting, just cocoa powder & 3 dates!
So if you ever wanted a cupcake for breakfast, here you go 🙂
Zucchini Bread Cupcakes
Zucchini Bread Ingredients:
- 3 T chia seeds
- 3 T ground flax
- 3/4 c non-dairy milk
- 1/3 c local honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/2 c non-dairy yogurt (I use So-delicious unsweetened coconut yogurt)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 c organic sprouted flour
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 c non-dairy yogurt
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 3 softened & pitted dates
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add your chia seeds, flax seeds & milk to a small bowl. Mix & set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Put your dates in a small bowl & cover with boiling water. Let sit to soften for at least 15 minutes.
- Spray 9 holes of a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray & set aside.
- Add all your wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl & whisk until combined. Mix in your chia, flax mix when set.
- Add in the dry ingredients & beat until combined.
- Use an ice-cream scooper to distribute batter among your 9 muffin holes.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until edges are slightly golden brown & a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While that is baking prepare your frosting. Add all frosting ingredients to a food processor & process until combined & creamy. Refrigerate.
- When the zucchini bread muffins are done baking, all to cool completely before frosting.
- Frost your muffins, top with desired toppings & enjoy!
I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday!