Don’t forget to follow my Instagram, @thekellydiet, for more recipes not posted on the blog! Like this ‘Purple Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl!’
Now for some soup!
Friends, I loveeee this recipe. Now let me tell you why!
- So easy to make. Thank you whoever invented the slow cooker.
- Colorful (no filters here!)
- Full of vitamins
- Full of flavor
Toppings I like on this soup are pomegranate seeds, diced avocado and homemade baked tortilla chips.
Butternut Squash, Apple Soup
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/3 red onion
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 2-3 c vegetable broth
- Peel and remove any seeds from your butternut squash. Chop and add to your crockpot/ slow-cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to your pot.
- Mix & cook on high heat for 4 hours, or low for 8.
- After this time, everything should be soft. Use an immersion blender or transfer to food processor or blender. Blend until smooth & creamy.
- Top with desired toppings. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love seeing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!