Don’t forget to follow my Instagram, @thekellydiet, for more recipes not posted on the blog! Like all of these delicious treats:)
Pumpkin + Persimmons + Cornbread…. would you have put that combination together? Probably not, but don’t let that scare you! This unique combination results in a bread that is flavorful & just the right amount of sweet.
Pair this bread with some homemade soup for a delicious warm meal 🙂
Pumpkin Persimmon Cornbread
- 1 c canned light coconut milk
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 1/4 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 c raw, local honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 1 1/2 c cornmeal
- 1 c wholewheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c diced persimmon
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 9×9 loaf pan or similar with non-stick cooking spray & set aside.
- Add your dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Add in your wet ingredients and whisk again.
- Fold in your diced persimmons.
- Pour batter into your pan & bake for 40 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and a knife inserted comes out clean. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love sharing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!
I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend!