Don’t forget to follow my Instagram, @thekellydiet, for more recipes not posted on the blog! Like this ‘Mashed Chickpea Salad.’
Now for some raw bars!
Do you like Peanut Butter & Jelly? Well how about a raw bar made with Almond Butter & a Raspberry Chia Jam on top of a Cashew/date crust?!
Enjoy this raw bar as a filling start to your day or as a dessert to nip your sweet tooth in the butt.
Nut & Chia Jam raw bars
- 1 c cashews (soaked for at least 6 hours)
- 10 pitted dates
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Top/ Chia Jam:
- 1 c raspberries (or other berry of choice)
- 3 T chia seeds
- 1/2 T lime juice
- Add all your chia jam ingredients to a small pot on medium heat.
- Mash your berries & mix. Reduce heat to low until everything it combined. Allow to cool once done cooking.
- Drain & rinse your soaked cashews.
- Add that along with the rest of the crust ingredients to a food processor.
- Process until combined.
- Take about 2 T of your crust ingredients and press it into the bottom of a muffin tin. Repeat until crust is gone.
- Spread 1 T of almond butter on top of the crust and freeze for 15 minutes.
- When that is done distribute your chia jam amongst the top of the almond butter.
- Freeze again until hard and you are able to remove the bars from the tin.
- Keep bars stored in the freezer in a container. Let sit for about 15 minutes at room temp before eating.
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love seeing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!
Quick side note: Some more simple recipes I post only on my Instagram: @thekellydiet.
Like my dinner last night…
Spaghetti Squash seasoned with Italian Seasoning; tempeh, peppers, zucchini & mushrooms all sauteed in Liquid Aminos; added to a bowl with diced tomato & sprinkled with nutritional yeast. So delicious, easy, healthy & yummy. You could also top with pizza sauce, pasta sauce or salsa.
So, for more plant-based foods that may not get posted on the blog follow: @thekellydiet
K now for some Enchiladas!
Sweet Potatoes, Butternut Squash, Pumpkin. – 3 nutritious & yummy foods that are interchangeable in many recipes ~especially breads, smoothies & casseroles.
All are excellent sources of Vitamin A & C and have a ton of fiber.
So for these enchiladas I used sweet potato, but feel free to replace with butternut squash or pumpkin.
These enchiladas are packed with nutrients & are extremely filling. I have made them four times & they have always been a crowd pleaser. I have made them with red & green enchilada sauce & enjoyed both.
So let’s get to the recipe!
Vegan Sweet Potato Enchiladas
- One large sweet potato, cubed
- 1/2 c raw cashews
- 3/4 c salsa
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 15 oz organic box or can of black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tsp himalyan salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Handful of spinach/kale
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast
- 11-12 corn tortillas
- 1 18 oz package of enchilada sauce
- Sliced avocado, diced tomato & fresh cilantro, for serving
- Prep sweet potato by either piercing with a fork & baking at 400F for one hour or chopping it into cubes & steaming until soft.
- While that is cooking, soak cashews in warm water & set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Drain cashews, then add to a blender along with the salsa & bell pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Add in beans, spices & kale/spinach & blend again until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a medium sized bowl. Stir in the sweet potato & nutritional yeast.
- Take out a 13X9 pan & pour just enough enchilada sauce to cover the bottom.
- Spoon filling into tortillas, fold them up & place seam-side down in the pan. Once all enchiladas are laid next to each other, cover them with the rest of the enchilada sauce.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly & serve with desired toppings. Enjoy!
Are there any other veggies or spices you would add to the mixture?!