This is one of my favorite casseroles. It is super versatile. Keep the base of the quinoa, flax eggs, vegan cheese & hot sauce and use any desired veggies & spices you like. By simply switching up the veggies & spices you use, you can really make some different dishes!
I also like this casserole because it can be made ahead of time & baked later or baked & re-heated later. I made this dish for a family meal & still had some leftovers to use as food prep.
I also made a Roasted Corn Salad to serve as a side.
It is comprised of roasted corn, diced red onion, tomato, jalapeño, avocado, lime juice, ground pepper & a bit of Flavor God’s Taco Tuesday Seasoning.
And this is what my dog was doing while I was cooking….
Vegan Spicy Quinoa Casserole
- 3 flax eggs (3 T flax mixed with 6 T water)
- 2 c dry quinoa
- 1 c vegan cheese
- 1/2 c hot sauce (can add more or less depending on your heat level)
- Veggies of choice: I used 2 c broccoli florets & 1 chopped yellow bell pepper
- Seasonings of choice: I used 1/2 tsp of pink himalayan salt & 1 tsp Flavor God Everything Spicy Seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix flax egg ingredients in a small bowl & set aside.
- Cook quinoa as you normally would or according to instructions on package.
- Add all ingredients, including your flax eggs, to a large bowl & mix until combined.
- Pour into large casserole dish, sprayed with non-stick spray, & smooth.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Hi everyone! I hope you all had a fun, relaxing & veggie filled weekend. The featured image above is all the recipes that will be posted this week!
We had an apartment full of pups on Saturday. No complaints as my dog was pumped to have some friends over. If anyone wants to train a dog & give it to me so that my dog can have a sibling, please feel free 🙂
Alright, Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole… slightly confusing name but pretty on point. This recipe is 100% vegan, made entirely of veggies, delicious & filling.
I call it a casserole b/c the spaghetti squash base in not crispy like pizza but thick & soft like a casserole. This is then cooked, stacked with plant-based pizza options, & cooked again. The absolute best thing about this pizza is that you could eat the entire pan & only feel healthy about it 🙂
So let’s get to the recipe so you all can have a bowl full of pizza inspired veggies tonight.
Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole
Spaghetti Squash base/crust:
- 2 T ground flax
- 6 T water
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 T Nutritional Yeast / Nooch
Plant-based Pizza Topping Ideas:
- Organic Pizza Sauce
- Sliced zucchini
- Thinly sliced beets
- Spiralized Sweet Potato
- Smokey maple bacon tempeh
- More nutritional yeast
- Crushed red pepper
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut 1 spaghetti squash in half, de-seed & cook face down on the parchment paper for 45 minutes.
- Prepare flax eggs by mixing the ground flax & water in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes to set.
- Once squash is cooked allow to cool slightly & then use a fork to scrape out the insides. (Can prepare spaghetti squash, cover & refrigerate up to a week before to save time).
- Add all base/crust ingredients to a bowl & mix with a fork until just combined.
- Pour half or all of the spaghetti squash (depending on how thick you want your base) into a 8×8 pan. Flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degree.
- Remove from oven & stack with desired toppings.
- Bake for another 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly & devour. –No judgement if you grab the entire pan & a fork like I did :) -Enjoy!
*You can also make mini individual pizzas with the same cooking time & instructions.
What plant-based toppings will you stack your pizza with?!