This is one of my favorite casseroles. It is super versatile. Keep the base of the quinoa, flax eggs, vegan cheese & hot sauce and use any desired veggies & spices you like. By simply switching up the veggies & spices you use, you can really make some different dishes!
I also like this casserole because it can be made ahead of time & baked later or baked & re-heated later. I made this dish for a family meal & still had some leftovers to use as food prep.
I also made a Roasted Corn Salad to serve as a side.
It is comprised of roasted corn, diced red onion, tomato, jalapeño, avocado, lime juice, ground pepper & a bit of Flavor God’s Taco Tuesday Seasoning.
Vegan Spicy Quinoa Casserole
- 3 flax eggs (3 T flax mixed with 6 T water)
- 2 c dry quinoa
- 1 c vegan cheese
- 1/2 c hot sauce (can add more or less depending on your heat level)
- Veggies of choice: I used 2 c broccoli florets & 1 chopped yellow bell pepper
- Seasonings of choice: I used 1/2 tsp of pink himalayan salt & 1 tsp Flavor God Everything Spicy Seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix flax egg ingredients in a small bowl & set aside.
- Cook quinoa as you normally would or according to instructions on package.
- Add all ingredients, including your flax eggs, to a large bowl & mix until combined.
- Pour into large casserole dish, sprayed with non-stick spray, & smooth.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Serve warm. Enjoy!