Don’t forget to follow my Instagram, @thekellydiet, for more recipes not posted on the blog! Like this ‘Mashed Chickpea Salad.’
Now for some raw bars!
Do you like Peanut Butter & Jelly? Well how about a raw bar made with Almond Butter & a Raspberry Chia Jam on top of a Cashew/date crust?!
Enjoy this raw bar as a filling start to your day or as a dessert to nip your sweet tooth in the butt.
Nut & Chia Jam raw bars
- 1 c cashews (soaked for at least 6 hours)
- 10 pitted dates
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Almond Butter
Top/ Chia Jam:
- 1 c raspberries (or other berry of choice)
- 3 T chia seeds
- 1/2 T lime juice
- Add all your chia jam ingredients to a small pot on medium heat.
- Mash your berries & mix. Reduce heat to low until everything it combined. Allow to cool once done cooking.
- Drain & rinse your soaked cashews.
- Add that along with the rest of the crust ingredients to a food processor.
- Process until combined.
- Take about 2 T of your crust ingredients and press it into the bottom of a muffin tin. Repeat until crust is gone.
- Spread 1 T of almond butter on top of the crust and freeze for 15 minutes.
- When that is done distribute your chia jam amongst the top of the almond butter.
- Freeze again until hard and you are able to remove the bars from the tin.
- Keep bars stored in the freezer in a container. Let sit for about 15 minutes at room temp before eating.
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love seeing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!