Don’t forget to follow my Instagram, @thekellydiet, for more recipes not posted on the blog! Like these ‘Gingerbread Overnight Oats’!
And for something a little different from the normal Kelly Diet post… we are making soap!
With only 4 items you can make natural soap for yourself or as a crafty Christmas present!
For this soap you will need:
- Oatmeal Soap Base
- relieves itchy skin
- natural acne treatment
- reduces wrinkles
- radiates skin
- Lavender Oil
- Dried Lavender Flowers
- Soap Molds
I love the calming effects of lavender. Adding it to a relaxing shower or bath makes it even better!
So make this soap for yourself or spread the love by sharing with others 🙂
Exfoliating Lavender Soap
- Soap molds (I bought a 2 pack silicone soap mold- 9.2X8.9X2 in)
- Organic Dried Lavender Flowers
- 2 lb oatmeal soap base
- Lavender essential oil
*I bought all my products off of Amazon Prime
- Cut your oatmeal soap base into squares and add to a large pot.
- Place your pot on the stove and bring to medium heat. Cover and wait for soap to melt completely, stirring occasionally.
- Once your soap is liquid add in about 30 drops of lavender essential oil. Stir.
- Add in 1 to 2 handfuls of dried lavender flowers and stir again. (Your flowers will float to the top.)
- Pour and distribute the mix into your soap molds.
- Freeze for about 30 minutes or until hardened throughout.
- Remove from molds and voila you made soap!