When I first encountered coconut flour, I was obsessed & baked with it all the time.
This year I have been on a Garbanzo Bean Flour kick. (While still using coconut flour of course!)
- cheap. A bag of Bob’s Red mill only costs $2.69 & I find it on sale often as well.
- only made from one ingredient, Garbanzo Beans. Aka, the most clean🙂
- a great replacement for almost any regular flourwithout having to adjust your liquid ratio.
- high in fiber & protein.
- low in sugar.
- a great egg replacement for vegan cooking. I use this flour to make pancakes, ‘egg’ bakes & more.
- tastes great.
I cannot recommend this flour more. Next time you are baking or cooking, replace all or some of your regular flour with Garbanzo Bean Flour. Then sit back & enjoy the yummy taste & added nutritional benefit!
So now on to these Jalapeno Veggie Fritters.
- easy to make.
- a protein & vitamin packed healthy breakfast.
- made with spices that are beneficial to your health.
- loaded with heat & flavor.
Jalapeno Veggie Fritter
- 1/3 c garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 c – 2/3 c water (adjust, you want your batter to be like pancake batter).
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1 T finely chopped onion
- 1/4 c shredded zucchini
- 1/4 c shredded carrot
- 1/4 c corn
- Finely chopped jalapeno to taste
- Heat a medium size pan on low heat with non-stick spray.
- Add your flour & spices to a medium size bowl & mix.
- Add water & whisk until clumps are gone.
- Fold in your veggies. (Feel free to add or omit any veggies you like.)
- Pour batter into pan & cook as you would a pancake.
- Cook until slightly browned on each side.
- Serve with salsa, tahini, whatever you like!
And here was my view while eating my fritters.
4 thoughts on “Jalapeno Veggie Fritters”
I LOVE chickpea flour!! It has been a meal saver as I transitioned to veganism. In fact, I just made some amazing chickpea flour pancakes thus weekend that were to die for. Saving your recipe for these fritters!
Isn’t it the best! Thanks for the comment. Let me know how the fritters turn out!
Will do! I bet these would be great served with soup.
LikeLiked by 1 person
What I great idea. A side of butternut squash soup or something thick would be perfect! You could even dip your fritters in it.