I am excited to share this post with you! I came up with these Black Bean Mini Muffins, added it to a bowl of my Coconut Flour Protein Cookie Dough & it was a treat! A healthy treat too 🙂
I love Bob’s Red Mill Products & I use their Coconut Flour for many of my recipes. I was so excited when they shared my recipe on their site!
Coconut flour is awesome!
- It is made from ground & dried coconut meat. Once the outer green husk of a coconut is removed, what remains inside is the rich, inner white lining which is the coconut meat.
- It is not actually “flour” in the way we normally think of it, in that it contains zero grains, zero nuts, & is made completely of pure coconut.
- It is high in fiber, protein, & healthy fats.
- Free from wheat & other grains.
- Low in sugar, digestible carbs & calories, & has a low score on the glycemic index.
You can get the recipe for my Coconut Flour Protein Cookie Dough here: @thekellydiet
Now for some mini muffins!
Black Bean Mini Muffins
- 1 15 oz organic box black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 3 T powdered peanut butter – I used PB2
- 1 scoop plant-based chocolate protein powder- I used Orgain
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 2 T unsweetend almond milk
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup
- Cacao nibs
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray & set aside.
- Add the first 5 ingredients to a food processor. Process until broken down & combined.
- Add the next 3 ingredients to the food processor & process again until no clumps remain.
- Divide batter among the 12 muffins tins.
- Sprinkle each filled tin with a few cacao nibs.
- Bake at 375F for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool before removing from tin.
- Cover & keep refrigerated. I find them best served chilled. Enjoy!
And here is a random picture of my dog reminding us all to stay curious, explore, try new things & be creative 🙂